For my bridal shower, all the guests shared their favorite recipes. I have loved pulling out the recipes over the years, although over the last year or so, I have rarely done so (maybe this is because of baby #2!). The other night, I went into box to get out my sister in law’s recipe for Peanut Butter Pie. It is the BEST recipe and I am going to be making it to bring to a friend’s house this weekend (Lucky for you, it is a freezer recipe, so keep your eye out next week!).
Back to the story…as I was going through, I saw this recipe for Citrus Shrimp with Whole Wheat Pasta. I skimmed through the recipe, and realized I had everything in the house, and it looked fairly quick to make. Well, I made it for dinner tonight for my hubby and I…it was AH-Mazing. It was a beautiful night, so we enjoyed eating dinner out on the deck, which was perfect for this refreshing meal. My glass (or 2) of Pinot Grigio was the perfect complement to it as well. I had to share…I hope you enjoy!!
Citrus Shrimp with Whole Wheat Pasta1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined 8 ounces whole wheat penne 1 tsp finely shredded orange peel 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned and cut into bite sized pieces 3/4 cup orange juice 3/4 cup water 1 tbsp cornstarch 1 tsp instant chicken bouillon granules 1 tsp. sesame oil Salt and Red Pepper Flakes 1 Red Pepper, 1 Green Pepper 1 tbsp cooking oil 8 ounce pkg frozen Italian Flat Green Beans, thawed
1. Cook pasta according to package directions
2. Section the oranges, and cut into bite size pieces
3. In a small bowl combine orange peel, orange juice, water, cornstarch, chicken bouillon, sesame oil, salt, red pepper flakes, set aside.
4. In a skillet, heat the hot oil and then cook the pepper over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, and then set aside. Add shrimp to skillet, and cook til opaque (about 2 minutes). Remove shrimp and set aside.
5. Stir liquid mixture, add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return shrimp and pepper to skillet, add green beans. Cook and stir, add in orange sections. Toss together mixture with pasta. Enjoy!