This week is the Week of the Young Child. It is an annual celebration sponsored by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). The purpose of the week is to focus public attention on the needs of young children and their families and to recognize the early childhood programs and services that meet those needs. I have also seen that it is National Princess Week and National Traffic Safety week, but that’s beside the point.
My kids have had a lot of fun activities at school going on, and I knew that even though the theme of Thursdays is celebrating moms, I wanted to incorporate my children. So, a combo post!
Back when Facebook used to have notes (remember that??!), I remember a friend posting a Q & A with her daughter about her and their relationship. Over dinner last night, I decided to go for it – a conversation to see how my son perceived me and our relationship. Here are our results.
- What is something I always say to you? I love you
- What makes me happy? Cats (definitely not, I am massively allergic…and they scare the bejesus out of me)
- What makes me sad? When I am not nice to my friends (We are having a tough week, with lots of conversations about this, if you can tell!)
- What makes me laugh? When I tell knock knock jokes. Ready mommy? Knock Knock. Who’s there? ME! hahahaha. (It makes you laugh a little too, huh?)
- What was I like as a child? You had a goldfish
- How old am I? I don’t know, maybe 7?
- How tall am I? This tall (pointing an inch taller then he is)
- What is my favorite thing to do? play fetch with a dog (note – never in my life have I actually played fetch with a dog)
- What do I do when you’re not around? You go to work and to florida (???)
- If I become famous, what will it be for? Being a mommy
- What am I really good at? Playing soccer (Wrong again little man…)
- What am I not very good at? Playing football
- What does your mom do for her job? You make money (At least he gets the important part of it!)
- What is my favorite food? Tacos and chocolate and vanilla ice cream
- What makes you proud of me? When you eat all your dinner
- What do you and I do together? Sing when we drive to work and school
- How are you and I the same? We both have brown hair and BIG brown eyes
- How are you and I different? Because you have long hair and I have short hair
(Hold on mommy, I have to go potty, don’t ask any questions until I get back. MOMMY – you are not asking any questions, RIGHT???)
19. And the last one…How do you know I love you? Because you give me 5 hugs every morning and a big kisses
That’s all you want to know mommy? Nothing else? What about your favorite Toy Story Guys? So we go to…
20. Who is my favorite character in Toy Story? That’s silly mommy, ALL of them.
Hope you get to do this with your little one. It made me laugh, and I thought this would be something fun to do as the years progressed. Could be a fun mother’s day activity as well!
If you liked this Q & A, click here to print your own!