So today’s recipe is the only one in my recipe box that I received from my brother. Now, you don’t know my brother, but I can tell you he is not much of a chef (although is an awesome griller…had to throw that in so I didn’t jeopardize my 4th of July meal!). In high school on the nights my mom would work late, he used to pay me to make him dinner or we would trade and he would clean my room and I would make dinner for us. I like to think that I was an entrepreneur from a young age, but looking back, why did I not just make the food? Such a mean little sister!
So here is the…
Big Brother Banana Bread½ cup oil (any kind – canola, vegetable, corn) ½ cup milk 2 eggs 2-4 bananas 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark) 2 cups flour 1 ½ tsp baking powder ½ tsp salt ½ tsp baking soda
– Spray your loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or coat with butter or margarine
– Mix all dry ingredients, then the wet ingredients, mix everything with your hands. You can mash the bananas before adding or do it with your hands (Clearly the banana mashing makes this a super-kid friendly recipe to make!)
– If you would like, you can add chocolate chips, walnuts, or other mix-ins. As much as you want!
– Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour. It is done when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
– To store: cut into serving sizes; Freeze on a baking pan, when frozen, move into a one gallon Ziploc freezer bag.
– To reheat: Put in microwave for 45 seconds, serve