A couple of weeks ago, I posted my freezer meal organization plan and a sampling of the recipes that I make. One reader requested this recipe…Megan, your wish is my command! I have made this chicken marsala recipe for years, and it is one of my favorites.
Chicken Marsala6 Boneless Chicken breasts 1/2 cup better, melted ½ cup flour 1 ½ c mushrooms, finely sliced (We are mushroom lovers, so I usually do more than this!) 1 ¼ c marsala wine 1 cup chicken broth ¾ t salt ¼ t pepper
1) Pound chicken to ¼ thickness.
2) Dredge chicken in flour and then sauté in 1/2 c melted butter, 3-4 minutes per side.
3) Place chicken breasts in a lined 9×13 baking dish, overlapping edges.
4) In a separate saucepan, sauté mushrooms with remaining butter and spoon over chicken
5) Stir wine and chicken broth in skillet containing chicken drippings. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper and spoon sauce over chicken.
6) Cool completely, place plastic wrap, and then foil over the package.
7) Serving day: thaw completely, bake chicken at 450 for 12-15 minutes.
For a great “leftover” recipe, turn it into a casserole! Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes. Mix with pasta, a little Marsala wine, a diced tomato, and chopped mozzarella. Yum!